Connect with us

Greeley Fire Department

Outdoor heat lamp causes Greeley structure fire, $100,000 in damage

Published

on

A-shift did a great job containing a structure fire last night and nobody was injured. They also rescued 2 cats during firefighting operations. Greeley Fire Department reminds people that when utilizing heating devices for the purpose of keeping animals or livestock warm to use extreme caution when placing in a confined space or area. Care should be taken to ensure a safe distance between the heating device and any combustibles.

Outdoor heat lamp causes Greeley structure fire, $100,000 in damage

An outdoor heat lamp in a dog house caused a structure fire in Greeley, resulting in $100,000 in damage to the home in the 200 block of north 25th Avenue. The Greeley Fire Department responded about 9:30 p.m. Monday, with flames breaching the roof and attic by the time firefighters had arrived, acco…