Connect with us

Greeley Fire Department

Electrical fire causes estimated $100,000 in damage to Greeley home

Published

on

A-shift structure fire early this morning: GFD was dispatched to a working structure fire at 01:07 hrs this morning. Upon arrival crews found a working structure fire in the attic at 215-11th st. Fire crews had a knock down on the fire at approx. 15 minutes. Crews spent the next two plus hours performing salvage and overhaul operations. Several holes were cut on the roof to access hidden fire and smoldering insulation. Heavy damage to the roof occurred as a result of the fire. Fire cause appears to be electrical in nature at this time and started in the attic. Owner / occupants were able to get out of the house safely with their two dogs and called 911 to report the fire. Damage is estimated at 100,000 dollars. Three fire engines, 2 ladder trucks , one battalion chief, and one ambulance were on scene for about 3 1/2 hours. Red Cross was called and responded to assist occupants.

Electrical fire causes estimated $100,000 in damage to Greeley home

The occupants of a Greeley home and their two dogs made it out of their house safely early Friday morning after an electrical fire started in their attic. Greeley Fire Department crews responded to a report of a structure fire at 1:07 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of 11th Street, according to a news….